Tangled Tower

"Tangled" Tower

I built the tower on a very sturdy board. I created a tube out of cardboard that was the length and circumference that I wanted. I didn't make a pattern because I figured not everyone would want it the same length size of circle. I then glued on little pieces of shell to make the tower look like it was made of stone.


I  made the tower room out of cardboard as well. I used masking tape to hold it together while the glue dried and then removed it once it was dry.
 

To strengthen the base and make it look more realistic I added foam around the base of the tower and to the side of the tower as shown. 


I covered up the foam with green peat grass. and covered up the blue paint with blue sand to make it look more like water. I made the Rapunzel doll out of a small wooden bead, wire, and a lot of embroidery thread. 


Once the tower was completely dried I painted it with acrylic paints and made a roof piece out of cardboard. I added some more peat grass to make it look like vines were on the tower. Once the roof piece dried I painted it as well. The roof could be removed and replaced so someone can play with the doll inside.


I thought it looked great. My only word of caution is that it isn't really a young child thing. It wasn't the most sturdy thing I have ever built. Also, I give full credit to Disney for the original design, aka in the movie "Tangled" and I do not think it would be wise to make these to sell without express permission from them.










Comments